Chronic Care Management
WellCare TCCM Services
Let WellCare administer and manage your chronic care management program.
Continuous oversight for chronic medical conditions (such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease, depression and many more) is something that is missing from our healthcare industry even though it makes all the difference.
WellCare will effectively manage chronic care in partnership with you or your loved one’s health care team so that you can reduce your costs and improve health outcomes and patient-provider communication.
- We collaborate with all physicians involved
- We carefully monitor and provide comprehensive care for health conditions
- We supplement regular office or home visits with a minimum of two phone calls per month
- We evaluate and make modifications to the current care plan as needed
- Services may include medication reconciliation, environment assessment, and recommendation for preventative care services and social services
Empowering and Educating the patient
Understanding your indiviudal healthcare needs.
Prevent Hospital admissions and reduce re-admissions
Patient engagement can decrease hospitalization and re-admissions by 9% to 14%.
Collaborative Care Services
A comprehensive customized plan of care designed with all your physicians.
- Patient-centered care plan addresses chronic conditions and sets personalized health goals
- Ongoing attention to medical needs between office visits
- Coordinated care between specialists and the primary physician
- Reminders when immunizations and preventative services are due
- Education on self-management of chronic conditions
- Community resources assistance
- Oversight of medication to improve compliance and reduce cost
- 24/7 support
- Drive patients back to the practice for preventive care and completion of quality care measures
- Assist in referrals and care transitions
- Coordinate care among home- and community-based providers
- Support patient in between office visits
- Reduce office call volume
- Improve medication and treatment compliance
- Increase number of annual wellness visits
- Increase patient satisfaction and quality of care
- Reduce burnout of staff and providers
- Additional source of revenue
Patients with 2 or more chronic conditions:*
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
- Ischemic Heart Disease
*Not limited to these conditions
- 2/3 of Medicare beneficiaries have two or more chronic conditions.
- 7 of the top 10 causes of death were from chronic diseases.
- 84% of national healthcare spending is due to chronic conditions.
- 99% of Medicare spending is on patients with chronic conditions.